SOLUTION: My good friend Emma-Jane suggested we attend a Free Mini Style Consultation with Tanja Mrnjaus at Westfield Carindale and in the short space of time we spent with Tanja I learned that I should:
- wear more sunset type colours or green and not blue or grey tones (there goes half my wardrobe)
- accessorize (I have that covered!)
- wear 'A' line skirts (to hide my massive thighs)
- shop at Portmans, Witchary, Target, Sussans and Nova Shoes (just to name a few)
- wear brown tones for my eye makeup or smokey eyes
- wear 3/4 pants
- wear short boots eg. I should wear high heels or high boots, not in between.
- wait to lose 10kg to become fashionable if I am not serious (I'm bloody serious)
I found Tanja to be fun loving, vibrant and best of all honest. I also love her saying "you can have whatever you want if you dress for it" and I pondered that, wondering what I could have, wearing my tartan $5 shorts and my fading seattle washington T shirt.
I am so impressed with Tanja that I am probably going to go back to her (after I lose 10 kgs) to update my wardrobe with a few items that suit my shape, colourings and personality.
Now if you are interested in doing the same please contact Tanja on 0432 549 018 or email at email@example.com. Below is a small selection of her services, please visit http://westfield.com.au/carindale/fashionconcierge/index.html to check out Tanja's fortnightly style blog.
Free Mini Style Consultation
Cost: Free. Please allow 15-20 minutes
Personal Shopping & Style Sessions
Cost: $100 per hour per person. Please allow 2-4 hours
Wardrobe Makeover & Shopping Style Session
Cost: $100 per hour per person. Please allow 3-4 hours
Colour Profiling Session
Cost: $100 per session per person. Please allow up to 2 hours.