Thursday, March 12, 2009

Am I fashionable? The short answer is NO!

I have always wanted to be fashionable but for some reason, if I am completely frank, I'm not. On the odd occasions that I go to the shops, these days, I either can not afford to purchase anything, have no idea where to start or I walk into shops like sportsgirl and remember that I am 30 and not a girl any longer (WHAT ARE THE KIDS WEARING THESE DAYS?).

but look at me. I'm keen!

SOLUTION: My good friend Emma-Jane suggested we attend a Free Mini Style Consultation with Tanja Mrnjaus at Westfield Carindale and in the short space of time we spent with Tanja I learned that I should:
  • wear more sunset type colours or green and not blue or grey tones (there goes half my wardrobe)
  • accessorize (I have that covered!)
  • wear 'A' line skirts (to hide my massive thighs)
  • shop at Portmans, Witchary, Target, Sussans and Nova Shoes (just to name a few)
  • wear brown tones for my eye makeup or smokey eyes
I also learned that I shouldn't:
  • wear 3/4 pants
  • wear short boots eg. I should wear high heels or high boots, not in between.
  • wait to lose 10kg to become fashionable if I am not serious (I'm bloody serious)


I found Tanja to be fun loving, vibrant and best of all honest. I also love her saying "you can have whatever you want if you dress for it" and I pondered that, wondering what I could have, wearing my tartan $5 shorts and my fading seattle washington T shirt.

I am so impressed with Tanja that I am probably going to go back to her (after I lose 10 kgs) to update my wardrobe with a few items that suit my shape, colourings and personality.


Now if you are interested in doing the same please contact Tanja on 0432 549 018 or email at fashion.carindale@au.westfield.com. Below is a small selection of her services, please visit http://westfield.com.au/carindale/fashionconcierge/index.html to check out Tanja's fortnightly style blog.

Free Mini Style Consultation
Cost: Free. Please allow 15-20 minutes
Personal Shopping & Style Sessions
Cost: $100 per hour per person. Please allow 2-4 hours
Wardrobe Makeover & Shopping Style Session
Cost: $100 per hour per person. Please allow 3-4 hours
Colour Profiling Session
Cost: $100 per session per person. Please allow up to 2 hours.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh...I think I need to book one! Not sure where you need to lose 10kg from though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. god.. you lose 10kg? she has to be kidding!
    (does she realise muscle is heavy?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun. I would like to see you join the blogging fun - meme is it? - what ya wearing wednesday or something like that...we can see your new style!

    ReplyDelete